Friday, March 24, 2006

Semi-depression needs semi-retail therapy

Been somewhat down for this week. Been sleeping around 5am, if not later, and sleeping till near or past noon since Sunday. Just dun feel like sleeping at night. End up dazing into my computer, surf around online, fiddle with my blog, click away on the minesweeper again and again... And I'm supposed to start work on Mon 9am...I'll be lying if I say I'm not worried. Believe it or not, I dun mean to not sleep. Just in one of those mood when I just wanna mindlessly dwell on something like minesweeper and not think about anything else. I guess you can call it escapism. Just dun wanna think about things that are really bothering me.

Finally decided sales really isn't my cup of tea and dropped the staffing consultant job. Thanks to everyone who's been listening and offering advice to me. haa..sorry for being such a whiner. So on Monday, I will be off to the hotel and start my work as Guest Services Officer. Ironically, after all that considerations and indeciveness, this may not be a long term job for me. While it is a permanent job, unless I turn out to really love it, I hope I can find a more stable job, if not JET.
Gomen nasai. =P

Anyway, went to the hotel to try on the uniform and discussed some terms of employment. After that, went for window shopping spree. With my bank balance diminishing and no income coming in as yet, I just simply dun have the money for real retail therapy. But it was fun trying on outfits simply just to see how it'll look. Tried on 3 mini-skirts and 3 dresses at Zara. While I doubt if I'm gonna sport a mini-skirt in my big fat thighs anytime soon, i amused myself at how sweet and sexy they are and how they are so big that i can just slip them off without un-zipping at all. Then there was a somewhat delightful surprise when one of the dresses turned out to look better on me than I thought it would. A short, sweet and cute button-down shirt-dress with floral prints. And it looks good on me. At least I thought so when I tried it on. It hid my tummy and watever unsightly curves well too. haa..Basically, it looked good enough for me to consider dressing up in it someday. Too bad it's priced at $99, definitely out of my budget.

Still, it was fun.. hee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home