Sunday, April 09, 2006

Undecided & over-thinking again...Ignore me if you will.

Near the end of 2004, I made like 4 possible plans for 2005. One of them - the one I wanted to realize the most - was to go to Japan for the expo. Amazingly, it did come through, although the getting-a-stable-job-afterwards part is still pending. Btw, I got JET. Still not sure how excited or certain I am about it though. Anyway, 2006 seems somewhat simpler though. Instead of 4, I can only see 2 ways things will turn out.
  1. Go JET for 1-3 years, then come back and get a stable job.
  2. Get a stable job now.

One year back, I would have given almost anything to go Japan, not to mention being paid a decent pay and living and working there. Now, guess I kinda think "Been there, Done that" and I can move on now. It's funny how one can change in a year, although apparently I'm not the only one who's changed this way.

As of now, I feel like all I want is to be happy. A stable, secure, bearable, not overly stressful job to keep me occupied, or even stimulated, and of cos to support a relatively humble lifestyle. Lots of LOVE from my beloved friends and family (and of cos a Him). And just some Korean or piano classes, or going KTV, hit some shuttlecocks or roller-blading to spice things up a bit. SERIOUSLY, I think this is ALL I'll ever need. So why still go JET?

Ya, it's one of those once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I'll get to live in Japan for at least a year. I'll get to experience the different seasons, as I've always wanted. If I don't go now while I'm still young and relatively free of commitment, I probably won't have a better time to go ever again. And the inertia's probably gonna get greater too.

But on the other hand, I'm thinking...if in the end, all I really need is a simple life being happy and close to my loved ones, does it really matter if I get to go JET? In a way, it doesn't bring me closer to my goal. And it comes with the opportunity cost of exactly the thing that is ultimately most important to me.

Sighz...maybe I just like to dramatize my boring life. haha...think I'll go in the end, anyways. Although I'll probably still mull endlessly over things, perhaps till the day I fly to Japan or worse, till I come back from JET. haha...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home