Friday, August 25, 2006

To Sapporo and back

Went to Sapporo for the prefectural orientation on Sunday. Been feeling rather isolated here in Hokuto. So far, most JETs I know are in other parts of Hokkaido, really far from me. Was excited about meeting other JETs too and catching up with fellow Singaporeans, Dawn and Andrea.

Happy to report, I've met some decent, wonderful people at the orientation. Made good contacts, I think. But guess still too early to know if I've really made "friends." Anyway, Sapporo seems so much nearer after having made the journey myself. It's a nice place. I like it. A happening city with good vibes. Yet, unlike Tokyo, it's still pretty laid-back and not as fast-paced.

It was a nice hotel too. Apparently, there's an event in town and the hotels are all fully booked, so they had to book us at APA Hotel & RESORT. haa...So, it was a nice relaxing 3 night stay at an onsen hotel, single-share. keke...

Sapporo miso ramen, check! Delicious 塩つけめん, check! Sapporo soup curry, check! Ya..It's been quite a vacation. hee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home