Wednesday, August 09, 2006

JET Tokyo Orientation

It had been a very packed, busy 2 days.

Sunday was just a taxing day, both emotionally and physically. Touched down at about 2.20pm. Was warmly greeted by the JET people who stationed and guided us all the way to the bus. It was really reassuring and you know you can trust them to take good care of you. A stark difference to my arrival in Aichi last year. Elaine would know. Anyway, by the time we reached the hotel after a 3hrs bus ride, I was just beat. So for the rest of the day, just checked in, went out to get dinner at this 居酒屋 nearby, went with the girls to get their camera and electronic dictionary and retired to the hotel room.

It was so so so comfy...had a wonderful sleep..except I made myself wake up by 7 for breakfast. Breakfast was not bad too. Then it's getting ready and from 10am, it was opening ceremony and speech, then information speech (which I totally slept through..sorry..I was really tired..), then lunch, then the panel presentation (more talks) all the way till 3pm. I only managed to sit through the latter cos of the earlier "nap".

That is not all. AJET workshops came afterwards. Ok, but pretty common-sensical too.

Had to retire to room. So tired. Pleasant surprise: Mt Fuji just outside my window...

Reception ceremony..dinner..such a crowd..food is not bad though.

Prefectural outing. Tired but went anyway. At least to the observatory opposite the hotel. Then retired early to room. Just wanna sleep.

Tuesday..meant to wake up at 7 for breakfast but slept through. Well-rested and more genki today though. But also very packed.. From 9am - 12nn, workshops on school teaching...then from 1pm, CLAIR workshops. Good workshops though, probably cos they relate more to work and practical situations like driving? Then prefectural meeting.

Embassy dinner at Gompachi. Koizumi and Bush. hee..I found the food just ok, though. Nice structure and building though.

After dinner, just had to go walk around Tokyo. Hardly stepped out of the hotel since I arrived. Would have been so upset if I left like that, without walking on the Tokyo streets or stepping into a convenience store. So, walked to Roppongi, took subway back to Nishi-Shinjuku and took a walk before heading back. Short, simple but satisfied and contented. Now, I can go Hokuto happily.

Anyway, it's 8.15am tomorrow. Early journey again...sleep sleep..

Happy National Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home