Saturday, May 27, 2006

I'M GOING TO HOKKAIDO!!!!

Gotten the details of my contracting organization yesterday and YES! CONFIRM! I'M GOING TO HOKKAIDO JAPAN!!

Hee..quite excited about it now, really. Let's see, I'm going to Hokuto city, a new town city just formed when 2 previous towns merged in Feb. In kanji, it's 北斗, which means the "North Star." I think it's a beautiful name. A part of Hokkaido that has relatively mild winters and short, cool summers. Surrounded by the sea and mountains and plains, they say there's good seafood and lush nature and nice friendly people. I'll be living in a 3-4 bedrooms furnished apartment that they say is relatively big by Japanese standards. Rent is paid for. I only pay for gas and electricity and phone bills. I'll be given a car to drive to and from work..keke. The office is just 10min away by car and in winter, a ski resort is just 30min drive away. Also, Hokuto is just next to Hakodate, another beautiful place, and 4 hours drive from Sapporo or Aomori.

So far, the terms and everything sound simply perfect to me. It feels like another dream come true. Provided I will be able to adapt and cope, of cos. In the meanwhile, I'll keep to the hotel job till probably end June, prepare for Japan in July and come August, Hokkaido!! hee...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home