Sunday, March 18, 2007

五月病 & Abashiri pics

Just re-read my last blog entry. Very mushy hor..Sighz..Why can't I just be cool and 洒脱 about things?

Anyway, finally uploaded pictures from Abashiri. I left for Abashiri full of apprehension, cos I'm going by myself and confused by a small stack of bus and train schedules and a guide book, I wasn't totally sure where I was going really. But it turned out to be quite fun and interesting. Besides the awesome drift ice that was the main highlight of the trip, met some Chinese girls. Ended up having dinner with them..even bunked in and spent the next day with one of them...stayed at a beautiful minshuku...got picked up from the road side by a kind tour guide who recognized my lucky hat... Haa.. Basically, at the end of it, I am thinking I wanna do this more!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chibi-akane/sets/72157594555895478/

Conversely, the Sapporo Snow Fest was just alright. Otaru is a nice town with a romantic nostalgic ambience but a lot of it is quite similar to Hakodate's Motomachi area, maybe better. In Asahiyama, I watched the penguins walk in the snow in front of me...really cute.

Feels a little low lately. Maybe it's homesickness. Or the good-byes and sayonaras. Or the unknowns of changing schools. Sawayanagi-san says 「日本には四季があるけど心にも四季があるんです。」 There's a phenomenon they call 五月病 as many people in Japan get depressed, cos they couldn't adapt to all the changes in April. I'm looking forward to spring...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home