Taiko @ Hinoki-ya
One of the things I thought of doing when I come to Hakodate is to try taiko. But for some reasons, never got around to it. I did express interest on several occasions but nothing came out of it.Anyway, found out lately that Minako has been attending taiko classes and she kindly brought me along today. The Travelling Band - ひのこ屋. They do tour performances over the world. The people were really nice and easy to get along with. It was really cool and just a lot of fun. Love the energetic beat! Very good exercise too, maybe even build muscles for the back and arms. Hope there's a taiko class I can join back in Singapore too.
Speaking of plans back home, wanna go back to Korean classes, learn piano and/or guitar again, and of course find a new job, as always. I've never been engaged for very long, have I?
Sometimes I really don't know. For a career, I know JET isn't much but I pretty like my job now. And it's not because it's slack. In fact, I'm kept pretty busy. From how I see it, it depends on how much you want to do here. You can choose to do the minimum and just go to class and be a tape recorder. Or, you can come out with all sorts of ideas to engage the students and teachers or simply anyone in your vicinity, even with the limited power and responsibility JETs have here. Even for an experienced teacher, you're really just restrained by your own creativity here. Not to mention someone new to the teaching scene like myself, there's loads to learn. And most of the students are really adorable and sweet here. Japanese kids are so cute and amusing.
If I didn't have so much to miss at home, I would probably stay. But for now, I'm gonna try to give myself less stress, pick up as much as I can here, enjoy the space I have now, play taiko again, explore Hokuto/Hokkaido/Japan more, save some money, improve my Japanese and have fun with the kids.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home