Friday, April 13, 2007

お疲れ様。さようなら。

Went to Hamawake again today, just to collect and send the HEC video tape and have a short de-briefing cum farewell with the kids. Won't have much with them until we get the results in June. My last excuse to visit Hamawake has ended.

Lingered around the school a little while longer. I miss them already. Chatted up a group of students from brass band who were showing the new girl around. Told them today will be my last day for real and they will see KM from next week. One of the girls, who is now in third year but used to sleep or just not participate in English classes, said "Weiling のほうがいい."

It might seem really silly but I felt kinda touched. I recall when I first arrived here and was feeling really insecure about my performance or how well a job I am doing here. The previous ALT seemed really interesting, albeit a bit odd, so I was worried about whether I can match that expectation or replace him sufficiently. I know that same girl will probably soon get used to KM and probably tell her the same thing when she's leaving. But for now, I'm going to take full pride and credit for that little comment and feel good about it.

本当に日本へ来て良かったな。

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home