Plan your trips ahead!
On my last post, I was recovering from the enkai and farewells. Slept in till like noon. When I finally got up, KM got me to try to book bus tickets to Tokyo on that very night. It's spring holiday! Everything except the expensive JR buses is booked. We saw it coming but she was ill and I had other concerns, so things got delayed. To be honest, I wasn't keen on setting off that day, when the only thing we've planned is DisneySea and one night's stay in a Partner hotel. But KM really wants to stay in a Disney hotel and 25th is the only room she could book. So, somehow I got persuaded to pack and run for the train to Honshu in 2 hours, just so that we can spend the night in a Disney hotel.The first day started fine. I had 70000yen with me for the trip. Enjoyed urban Tokyo and shopping and eating in Shinjuku and Harajuku, only to realize we may have spent our Disney hotel money away, KM's money is all locked up in Hokkaido and I can only get my money when the Post Office opens on Monday. Never have I found myself strapped for money and stranded on a trip like this. It was even more frustrating when we had to rush to check in at the hotel and she didn't even have directions to it. We got in late, spent the night trying to get directions from Sawayanagi-san by phone and had to set off early the next morning. Luckily, the hotel was really nice and managed to get my money the next day.
Tried to book the night train to Osaka the next day but as we should have expected, it's fully booked, so plans have to change. DisneySea was great! Really impressed with the amount of thought they put into every single detail, from the thrilling Tower of Terror to the air bubbles from the sea monster in the pond. It was amazing. It must have been really extraordinary. Cos we enjoyed ourselves even though we had little more than a capsule hotel in mind for the night. I should have seen it coming. KM had looked it up on the net. And KM had no directions to it. So, we spent ages walking and dragging our bags to Asakusa (the subway trains had stopped), only to realize we're in the wrong part of it and the capsule hotel's fully booked anyway. Ended up checking into a spa centre nearby. It was better than staying on the streets I suppose but a spa centre is just that. There was a room for people to sleep in but I ended up sleeping on the edge of the windows anyway.
By the third day, we're just exhausted. KM was worse. She hasn't slept well for the past few days. Pretty much spent the day just trying to get hold of internet. We finally got into an internet cafe. Then KM went to the loo. And KM took a drink. And KM was perhaps not feeling well and slept behind me. Now, I know I'm going to sound really petty now but I wanted to go to the loo too. I was tired and thirsty too. But all I could do was trying to make the most of the hour we had and book us bus tickets or hotels. Seriously, I couldn't believe she took the drink just for herself.
Didn't plan to go to Nagoya so fast but all the buses to Kansai were booked. And I suppose Heaven was kind to me to let us go to Nagoya cos I don't think I could have taken much more than that. It had been so stressful. As always, Sawayanagi-san's a saviour. Just spent the next few days resting and catching up in Aichi. KM went to Takayama. Was gonna go but forgot my tickets. But it was cool just spending time with friends in Aichi and enjoyed the homely comfort and pampering at Sawa's place.
Finally, on our last day, took the trains to Tokyo, dropping by Atami for an onsen bath on the way. Some final shopping before night bus to Aomori and train back to Hokuto. I suppose we kinda deserved it not planning things ahead. It was quite a nightmare but I suppose that's an experience too. 疲れた!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home