Second home, second family
Today is election day. Finally, no more campaign vans blasting the neighbourhoods with loudspeakers, yelling their names and "よろしくお願いします!" again and again, or waving to space in their white gloves, from 8am to 8pm. Seriously, if I had a vote, I will not vote for any of these inconsiderate noisy old blokes who, as far as I can see, has contributed only to noise pollution.Election aside, Sawayanagi san and his wife visited over the weekend. Picked them up from the hotel and had shabu-shabu at our place. Yuko, a young English teacher from school, joined us and it was lots of fun. As usual, we ate so much. Today, they rented a car and picked us up and drove to Matsumae. As expected, it was still too early for sakura. Perhaps a week or so more. But it was nice just going around together. Wouldn't have done it by ourselves.
It's the second time they've visited. Pretty much just to meet up and spend time together. Sometimes I feel I really don't deserve this. 是他们上辈子欠我的吗?还是注定要我下辈子还他们的呢?Anyway, really glad that I went to Aichi and met them. Now, they're my family in Japan and Aichi's like my second home. Probably said this a dozen times. When I first saw the recruitment ad for Aichi Expo, I'd thought that it's an exact dream come true. Still, I never expected to gain this much out of it.
In the same way, I will never regret coming to JET. While I've kinda resigned myself to the fact that living alone is just not for me, it was a good chance to learn about myself and people and Japan. And I love Japanese kids! Maybe it's just the language barrier, or my gaijin status. It's always real fun to talk to the kids. Although most of the time, you can't really go much beyond "How are you? Fine, thank you and you?" or "I like strawberries," I'm praying that by the time I leave here, I would have left some impression or good memories with at least some of the kids.
Earlier this week, Risa from Hamawake (the school I'm no longer going to) saw me in school (I was picking KM up) and came running to me to tell me about potential new members for English Club. Maybe it was just me, but she seemed quite excited to see me again. Yesterday, Syougo from Ohno came by just to drop off omiyage he got for me from his school trip to Iwate, which was totally unexpected (びっくりした!) and really sweet of him. Today, ran into one of my favourite students who graduated last year in Geo. He's now in the baseball team in his high school, has a match coming up next weekend and seems to enjoy high school very much. He's always fun to talk to. Makes me laugh.
I'm not sure how much impact I've made on them, but I really cherish all this little happiness and memories. Maybe I should have stayed on. Maybe I'm just getting old. haa..
また会いたいなあ...またはなしたいなあ...ずっと付き合っていきたいなあ...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home