Soran! Soran!
Went to Yosakoi Fest in Sapporo for the weekend. For those who don't know, Yosakoi is a festival dance that originated from Shikoku and was brought to Hokkaido by a very impressed university student. From a interest group of enthusiastic students, it has now become an annual carnival involving possibly thousands of participants, hundreds of performances all over Sapporo over 4 days.One of my schools actually dances Yosakoi all the time, so it's not a first for me. While I do like the dance, I've never quite grasped the whole fascination over it. That is, until the past weekend when I was overwhelmed by all the colourful, energetic, genki dances. It was just so much fun and vibrance that I so wanted to join in the dance. Seriously, if I had more time here, I would so join a Yosakoi group. In fact, it left me thinking I would come back to Sapporo just for Yosakoi. That was how good it is. Forget about the Yuki Matsuri. Just join Yosakoi!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home