Sunday, September 30, 2007

Before going home

Last pics of Hokuto

The last weeks in Japan was lots and lots of packing and farewells. Despite having quite some experience saying farewells (given that I haven't been very stable), I still can't get used to it. I'm just too easily attached to everything and every person I've met. But I have gotten so used to packing that I now self proclaim myself to be an mini-expert packer. The first of three boxes I packed to send home was an art, packed to perfection. Except it was rejected by the post office as it was over 30kg and deemed as a possible occupational threat to human health. Anyway, in the end, I still sent 60kg in boxes and eventually carried about 40kg home with me. That makes 0.1 tonne. Amazing, eh?

Anyway, KM and I originally planned to spend a week doing some last travelling around Hokkaido. But due to logistic (meaning unfinished packing) and climatic (bad weather) reasons, we ended up going to the board even after our contract ended. Ayako was kind enough to let us stay at her place, which was nice. I love Ayako! What would we do without her?

So, instead of going to Shiretoko and Akan, we hung around our little town home for a year. We did, however, make a short 2-day trip across the straits to Aomori for the last day of the famous Nebuta Festival. Albeit being rainy and all, it was pretty impressive. As a final note to our time in Hokuto, we went to a camp with Ayako and her friends. Japanese camps and barbecue is great

Summer In Kansai

Finally out of Hokuto and on our way home. But before that, went to Nagoya and Kansai with Kaman, until she flew to HK, leaving me alone in Kansai.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home