The beginning of Farewell
Had my last day at my favourite elementary school today. I really wanted to make it good but I'm just so out of ideas and started the day really bad by being late. Must have missed the alarm. Darn! Managed to get through the classes ok. What I didn't expect though were my tears after my last class.I know. I cry way too easily. It's just kind of sad knowing that I might never see some of these kids again. I'm going to so miss talking to the principal too. If there's one reason why I'm not suited to working overseas, it will be that despite everything being so temporary and changing, I still get attached to everything and everyone so easily.
Before I left, the principal and vice-principal gave me a CD containing pictures of my past visits there. To my surprise, the vice-principal got teary and passed me a simple note with the CD. A little mushy and definitely over-stated, it says:
To Miss Weiling
Thank you for your kindness and your polite teaching.
We don't forget you and thank your remarkable activity.
This is a small present for you.
This is your memory that you taught in Ishibetsu elementary school.
Thank you and good luck.
From Masahito Kagawa

7 Comments:
hi hi, zannen da kedo, i just found ur blog! love ur hitchhike experience, will attempt it one day wif karen, lol. Enjoy ur stay n maybe cya soon!! :)
-carol
wah, can u believe it? I went thru ur entire blog! really glad dat u have such interesting trips and tried so much new stuff :) anyway, it might be early but Welcome Home!! -carol
Haha...No, I can't believe you managed to drag yourself through my entire blog. haa..pretty boring and uninteresting writing. :P But I'm glad you're here, anyway.
A lot of people actually scolded us for going hitchhiking, saying we're gonna get ourselves killed. In some sense, it's true. Do be really really careful. Never feel obliged to accept all offers. If there's one tip I can add, that'll be to choose your ride wisely. It might be tempting to hop on, esp after a long dreary wait, but sometimes, it's better to wait than get dropped off somewhere even worse. So anyway, the point is, be very careful!
Besides that, I myself might try that again in Aug when KM and I go around Hokkaido. It's just impossible without a car and when the trains cost a bomb. So bon voyages! And see you back home soon!
cool... yep, hokkaido definitely need some help to get around. i was tinkin of renting a motorbike n roam ard to camp and explore but havent put dis into action yet. prob more appropriate for kyushu bah, weather not as cold, lol. -carol
hmm.. It's actually getting quite hot around here. But i haven't heard of renting a bike though.
just added ur bloggy add on mine. hope its ok wif u :) -carol
of cos. my pleasure.
Post a Comment
<< Home