Sunday, June 17, 2007

Tips for Hitch-Hiking

Can't say I'm an expert but especially for you, Karen. Let's see...
  1. Best combi: 1 boy and 1 girl. Seriously, KM and I were kinda mad.
  2. Things to have: Big clear board to state where you're heading, a Japan map with the major roads and Souvenirs for the kind people.
  3. Wear comfy but decent.
    Be prepared to stand and walk a lot, esp while waiting or hiking to the expressways. But also remember that no one would wanna pick up a tramp.
  4. Pack light. Very light. (See previous point.) Forget the tent, although a sleeping bag might come in handy.
  5. Beware of the "black holes." Namely the big cities. Maybe people are in a rush or just plain unhelpful. It's really difficult to get out.
  6. Thank god for truck drivers.
  7. Last but not least, forget about your face. Thick your skin, put on a big bright smile and stick out that thumb.
Think that's all I have. Most importantly, be careful and Bon Voyage!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home