Monday, January 14, 2008

Just me being sensitive?

Scenario: Ms A is visiting Ms B in Singapore. Mr C joined them and was great company for a night and a day. At the end of the day, Ms B meant to treat Mr C to the chili crab meal to show her appreciation. But Mr C beat her to it, cos Ms B is darn blur and was busy wiping the spot of chili crab off her top. She really was, not just pretending!

Now, while Ms B wasn't entirely comfortable about it, she didn't think it a big deal. Here's her logic: First, it's just a meal after all. Second, it's not like she asked for it. In fact, she would have gladly treated them both. Third, if Mr C didn't want to join them or treat them, he shouldn't have offered in the first place, nor refused to take money from Ms B afterwards. Otherwise, he's just being hypocritical. Ms B doesn't think he is and is very grateful for his company.

Then, Ms B was posed some remarks which pisses her off somewhat. Here's why (not exact words/quotes):

One, "Shouldn't have let him paid. Should have pushed your card to the waitress mah."
Ms B: Didn't mean to let him pay wat. I wanted to pay! But come on lah, he already passed his card to waitress. Instead of fighting to pay in front of the waitress, I would rather graciously accept at the moment and settle later.

Two, How are you going to pay him back? He won't let girls treat one loh. Trust me, I know.
Ms B: First, it's not like I didn't wanna pay. Second, treat back also cannot, then what you want me to do? Third, how I am going to pay back is between me and Mr C. Besides cash or a treat back, I also deal in gratitude and friendship.

More from Ms B:
I'm a very ke qi person more often than not, sometimes even possibly over-doing it. I do not take favours or accept treats from just anyone. When I do, I reciprocate with gratitude, goodwill, friendship as well as money. While I may be between jobs and do not have any income at the moment, rest assured I can more than afford chili crabs. No offence to the person who remarked so, it's just that the remarks made me feel like I'm so cheap and 不自动 and 贪小便宜. Even if I am any of these, I don't think I ever did so at other people's expenses. In other words, the remarks just pisses me off.

I think I'm getting old, so getting more cynical. Just venting. Getting it out of my system. Killing time while waiting for hair to dry. oh, watever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home