Rompin' for fishes
Went to Rompin, Malaysia for the long weekend. My first fishing trip ever!! Left late on Thurs, then 2 days of fishing in the sun and open sea, both days ending with a fish feast at a local coffeeshop. Didn't do too badly too. Got a number of good catches - red snapper, parrot fish..the fishes' names loses me. Beginner's luck, I guess.For those who think fishing is a boring dreary wait, well..you're only seeing one side of it. True that it can get boring when there's no action. But the feel of fishes nibbling on the bait and possibly getting hooked, trying to figure out what's going on down under, the moment when you get a bite, reeling in a good catch...it can get quite thrilling actually.
While I'm not exactly passionate about it and still very much squirmish about handling live sea animals, I can see why some people are mad about fishing. Esp when you're into it, it's kinda therapeutic to simply concentrate on fishing the entire day, without another care on your mind.
I don't know when I might go fishing again, but I definitely wouldn't mind. It was good fun. For now, though, I need to go nurse the bug bites I got from the rustic chalet-like 'resort' and repent for all the prawns and fishes I've manhandled.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home