Where did my weekend go?
ERROR WARNING: Incoherent post.I know this is a common ailment. Weekends are never long enough. In fact, weekends are often so short that it seems like they never happened.
But I was reading a friend's blog post which seems to typically contain time with her beau, a late night out, early morning walk cum quality time with family, more time over food, drinks or mahjong with buddies, some more dinners...all in the same 48 hours! And I can't help but ask - No, wait, I ask this almost every week anyway - "where the hell did my weekend go?"
Actually it should be, what have I done with my precious two days? Typically nothing. Tsk tsk myself... Now, do I really deserve Monday blues? No matter. It comes anyway.
Ironically, I always seem to attempt a run out of the slump on a Monday. There were some advice from Shape this month incidentally. Basically, it says,
1. Don't sleep in too much on the weekends. In fact, get up earlier on a Sunday, so 6am on Monday will seem like a treat.
2. Rest plenty on Sunday night and start Monday with a bang!
As with all advice, easier said than done. But here I go anyway. Hi Monday...

4 Comments:
hmm... can't really relate to ur Monday Blues, since i dont have such things as "weekends" on my research schedule. I'm literally FULL-time, LOL
But don't trouble yourself too much. Quality is not measured by how much u did but by wat u really want to do :)
That's kinda what I'm saying though. I'm quite frankly wasting my weekends. When it can be spent much more productively and fruitfully.
But I don't think I would ever pack my schedule full. I admit, I enjoy having all the time to myself. I just wish I do a little more with it.
LOL~~ well...dats a problem: People usually perceive doing n accomplishing something as quality, when daydreaming/sleeping/nua-ing/etc can also be a quality way to spend ur time (if dats wat makes u happy n satisfied). It's all a matter of how u perceive it :-)
I do agree with you. I guess my point was I did next to nothing. And life is too precious for that.
Post a Comment
<< Home