Random updates
Been busy lately. With what, I'm not exactly sure. Getting stressed at work though. Just not sure if I could ever do what the job really entails. Business plans and economics and political movements and financial reports just turns me off, i guess. I have the idea now to learn as much as I can on the job for 2 years or so, before moving on to a NGO kinda organization or teach or set up my own business like importing those delicious Hakodate cheese cakes (except I'm not quite smart enough for an entrepreneur, i think). Kinda disloyal to plan to leave after a few years? Maybe. Anyway, we'll see....
Japan trip went ok, i guess. Got frustrated at times but overall, it was ok. Kinda just visited and showed my family places that I've been. Wanna go back again, though. In both the good and bad sense, Japan has become a second home and in contrast to Singapore, it seems like there are more ways than one to live your life there or outside pragmatic Singapore. Not complaining about Singapore, though. Still love it for the food and convenience and city life. And I think it's changing.
...
Went for a haircut on Saturday. Always hate haircuts. I always go into the salon feeling boring and come out feeling awkward and insecure. I think there have only been a few occasions when I'm actually happy with my haircut. In fact, I love my hairdresser back in Hokuto. Always so friendly and patient and she does great cuts. There, one thing on my itinerary next time I go back.
...
I always thought I'm quite good with my finances. In fact, there was a time when I never thought I'm much of a shopper or spender. Things seem different now. For one, I think I have not stopped shopping for more than 2 weeks since starting work in mid Feb. For two, I have been wasting quite a bit of money.
Bought a phone finally. Happy with it so far. Finally bought the perfect phone pouch I was looking for. But not until I've bought like 2 so-so ones (plus 2 more that I'm using as phone holders now).
Incidentally, I also signed up for an eyebrow embroidery package that cost over $500! I must have been too intoxicated with shopping that day or the salesperson was really good. Now getting cold feet about getting semi-permanent eyebrows though. Trying to figure out what to do with the package now.
There goes my self-proclaimed status of a prudent spender. Although I still easily spend one whole hour in a small shop to scrutinize a few pieces of clothings. Funny, eh? If I didn't know better, I might call myself a shopaholic. I think I just need another hobby.
...
Monday again...Going on my first business trip this week though. Hanoi, Vietnam. Looking forward to that.

6 Comments:
I always go by the "necessity or a want?" rule when shopping.
Works really well to control my budget (although this rule always overturns when I'm in the food section, lol).
Don't know if it works for you. :)
Well...know what you mean but I think I would still buy a want, given that I really don't spend on much else.
In fact, I think it's actually more satisfying to buy a want than a necessity most of the time, don't you think?
Think I just need to consider my wants more prudently.
But thanks anyway! ^^
i think my devil inside me has more power than my angel. The devil always hit up my angel to a pancake and I'll buy it in the end. HAhahahaha!!
sigh... Want is temporal. After u have satisfied dis want, u'll need to satisfy a new want... it's a never-ending process of wants.
"放下钱包,立地成福婆"
- Quote from carol
LOL LOL LOL~~~
When you want to start your own business??? Count me in! i can help u be cashier? hahaha
Way to go,gal...
import Hakodate Cheese Cakes, i like that idea... but we have awfully choco cake & cheese cakes hse in Singapore already. Maybe can try strawberry cakes... DUn tink anyone done that yet. can give it a shot... Import some fresh strawberry from Furano?
Haha..I think I'll be a terrible boss though.
Wish I could let you try the Hakodate cheese cake, but they can hardly last a week. They're really good. One of the best there is.
Post a Comment
<< Home