I had a bad day.
This blog is meant for days like these. Days when things go wrong and you can't whine enough without sounding like an immature idiot.Today started off all right. But in the last two hours of the official working hours, it seems as though things just fell apart and I was in a nightmare that took 3 more hours OT to recover from.
To cut the long story short, perhaps due to my inexperience and maybe some miscommunication, a small little delay got blown way out of proportion. In my view, anyway. But I do feel terrible. Because the whole ordeal could have been avoided. Even worse is that other people, including my very patient supervisor BH, were dragged into it because of my small overlook. From there, other even smaller but extremely silly if not stupid mistakes just added to the mess. On the bright side, at least my direct colleagues were patient and supportive.
Incidentally, I was just starting to think that I may never be a full-fledged Planning person. And that's not just because of what happened. Just don't see it in myself, I guess. The corporate planning x-factor. While the fact that I'm dealing with consumer electronics makes it so much easier to relate to, I really can't care less about sales or FTAs or policies. Esp policies, which, most of the time, sounds to me like a whole bunch of bureaucratic crap.
At the expense of sounding childish and wilful, I like being in my own world, doing things at my own pace, in my own way. Not having to act all professional and mature, or deal with bosses or "customers". Then again, who wouldn't?
Having said all that, I do think I'm getting quite some exposure from this job and for that alone, it's great. In other words, being a planning exec lets me learn a bit of everything. Adapting as necessary is just the school fee.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that I like normal people, working in normal logical ways and hate doing things just because people high above say so. Just kidding...I guess what I'm REALLY trying to say is that I like the marketing, projects and even the news report bits, more than the strictly planning and MD support bits. Well..something mature-sounding and politically correct like that.

1 Comments:
yah... can fully understand dat... made terrible mistakes n encountered a couple of bad situations at work before (furious customers yelling at me in the face, wrong accounts calculation, etc), felt super-sucky n stupid then. In retrospect, i found that I learnt the most when i make mistakes. Just bear wif it, quickly recover from ur low, learn from it n continue to fight fight fight! :) - carol
Post a Comment
<< Home